Check out http://hattielongfield.com for some great songs in a modern folk style
What is the course about?
You will learn a variety of songs and basic scales and develop chord construction, smooth changes and rhythmic ability.
What topics will we cover?
– Students will be taught to play and develop a repertoire of songs in the folk style.
– Students can also expect to receive guidance on song structure and arrangement
– Musicianship relevant to pop songs and the acoustic guitar.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
– Play in a wide range of keys
– Play chords up to the 7th with some extensions
– Play basic scales in transposable form
– Demonstrate a repertoire of songs
– Tackle new music with confidence
– Be more self-sufficient/independent.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Students should have completed level 1 or have equivalent experience, at least a year of guitar study: hand shapes for the most used chords e.g. E, Em, G, C, A7, Am7, etc., simple bar chords, basic strumming and picking, etc.
You will need to follow written and verbal instructions in English and engage in class discussions.